Fet-late Implantation?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 rccola

rccola
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 03:29 PM

Hi. I've heard from other IVF'ers that FET embryos and blasts can implant a bit late but haven't been able to find any information on this.

I ask because I had an FET two weeks ago and my HCG level has been low, although it seems to be doubling normally and picking up speed (see below).

9dp5dt: 45
10dp5dt: 61
13dp5dt: 196

Is the slow-to-start FET just an IVF urban myth or does it really exist? Does it bode poorly for the outcome of my pregnancy?

Thanks so much for any info anyone can provide me!

#2 Drew Tortoriello, MD

Drew Tortoriello, MD
  • Responders
  • 2,632 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 10:59 PM

Embryos cannot survive long in the uterus unless they are implanted; therefore the idea of slow or late implantation doesnt seem logical.  Implantation can be aberrant if the embryo is abnormal; this may contribute to why some abnormal pregnancies are associated with lower serum hCG levels or inappropriately rising  serum hCG levels.  The good news is that your hCG trend appears thus far right on track.  (The number should double every 2 to 3 days.)  
best wishes,
Drew Tortoriello, M.D.

SIRM-NYC
425 Fifth Ave. at 38th Street
New York City, NY 10016
646-792-7476

Medical Director,
SIRMâ„¢- Westchester
3020 Westchester Av. Suite 304
Purchase, NY 10577
Ph: 914-696-7476

#3 angeltt

angeltt
  • Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 05:27 AM

rccola,

I've seen many women on this board say their betas started slowly and then they went on to have healthy pregnancy. Stay positive and as the doc says your numbers are rising appropriately and that is all that matters at this point. I wish you the best of luck!

#4 rccola

rccola
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 05:41 AM

Thanks Dr. Tortoriello.